Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hello all!

Welcome to my blog "7,200 ft above sea level". This past June (2012) I spent about two weeks at an orphanage in rural Guatemala. The town, Santa-Apolonia, was deep in the mountains in central Guatemala and it was 7,200 feet above sea level.

This was my third time to the orphanage. I went for the first time in 2008 then again in 2011 and now in 2012 after my freshman year at Beloit College to do research. I sought to examine cultural and educational differences between the Guatemalan students at the orphanage and a group of American high school students from Shorewood, Wisconsin. After arriving I realized I'd also be adding religion as a focus of comparison during my project. On a larger scale I was also examining the adoption policy of Guatemala.

1 comment: